Monday, March 28, 2016

Dear Helicopter Moms, You’re Ruining It For Everyone Else

by Elizabeth Broadbent for Playground Professionals

She’s standing there under my 3-year-old, arms aloft like she’s at church waiting for God to drop a truth bomb on her. Baby Bear monkey-shimmies 6-foot metal ladder.

“Do you know whose he is?” she asks me, almost breathless with terror.

“He’s mine,” I say. “And he’s been climbing that ladder since he was 2.”

She gawks at me. And then I know I’m doomed: She’s a hoverer. And unless I hover over my kids, she’ll do it for me, not-so-silently judging me all the time. Thanks for ruining my mama playdate, lady.

Because there are two kinds of parents at the park.

Continue reading.

Follow us on   

1 comment:

  1. Its really a brilliant article and you wrote it very nicely here. Well collectively with your authorization i want to grab your feed to be upgraded with up and coming post. You can easily take this kochi to munnar taxi for any excursions and travels program of your family. They will be providing secured and secure cabs.

    ReplyDelete