Monday, July 20, 2015

10 Kid-Friendly Meals for Shabbat Dinner

Shannon Sarna for Kveller

Planning Shabbat dinner each week is one of my greatest joys. No, really. Cultivating a creative and seasonal menu, grocery shopping, setting the table–I really love it all. Or at least most of the time.

Then there are other weeks when I have no flipping idea what to serve. I am tired, pressed for time, or just lacking the energy to come up with something more than average.

And now that my daughter is old enough to express opinions about what’s for dinner, I have added another layer of stress to those weeks: kid-pleasing dishes.

To help on those off weeks when you barely have time to shower, nevermind come up with some brilliant dish in the kitchen, I put together a few of my favorite recipes sure to take some of the pressure off of you, and satisfy even your most demanding, little Shabbat guests.

1. Pretzel Chicken Fingers from Tales of an Overtime Cook

What’s better than chicken fingers? Chicken fingers coated in pretzels with a honey mustard dipping sauce. This is the kind of dish you make “for the kids,” but secretly can’t stop eating because it’s so good. Miriam Pascal says this is one of the most popular recipes on her site.

2. Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Icing from SparkPeople.com

Continue reading.

Follow us on   


No comments:

Post a Comment