Monday, June 8, 2015

Are My Son & I Having Too Much Fun?

Maurie Backman for Kveller

I have this habit, and I’m not sure where it came from. Ever since I stopped working full-time and starting staying home with my toddler, I got into the habit of reviewing all the fun things we did each day before putting him to bed. At first I’d make sure to stick to the highlights–things like an unexpected trip to the playground, or a special dessert for eating dinner nicely. But over time, it evolved into a rehash of every single thing that day that could be reasonably construed as fun.

Last night’s rundown went something like this: “First we had a great breakfast, and you got mango and strawberries. Then you got to go to school, and then we came home and had a lemon yogurt. Wasn’t it yummy? After your nap we read so many Thomas books, and then we built a tower, and played with your tractor, and even had time to draw on your easel before dinnertime…”

Continue reading.

Follow us on   


No comments:

Post a Comment