Monday, January 19, 2015

An Expecting Mother of Twins Seeks Advice

Maurie Backman for Kveller

I recently wrote a piece (OK, more like a rant) about the strange and often unhelpful advice I’ve been getting from random strangers with regard to my twin pregnancy. But then I realized: What better place to reach out for actual twin advice than Kveller? So with that in mind, I’ve compiled some questions that have, until now, sort of just been floating around haphazardly in my head. If you’re a parent of twins, please be so kind as to help this mama out!

1. Is exclusive breastfeeding realistic?

That’s the route I took with my son, but how exactly does it work with twins? Do I force them to eat at the same time? Take turns? And what happens when they’re old enough to squirm away? Do I just one-hand each of ‘em and use all my strength to keep them in place while praying that some of my milk magically winds up in their mouths?

Continue reading.

Follow us on   


No comments:

Post a Comment