Monday, September 22, 2014

12 Meditations for Inspired Parenting

By Nomi Freeman for chabad.org

  1. 12 Meditations for Inspired ParentingThe Creator entrusted me with this precious soul.
  2. Through this precious soul, I am empowered to become a more loving, patient, kind person. And to discover strength I did not know I had.
  3. This is the only childhood my child will ever have.
  4. I am this child’s only father/mother. Forever.
  5. Just as much as they need food, shelter and education, children need unconditional love, role models in close proximity, and firm and gentle guidance.
  6. The best gift I can give my children is myself. My time, my attention, my love.
  7. My words and actions impact my child’s life profoundly.
  8. Some parents expect near-perfection from their children, without stopping to think if they model it.
  9. If the worst punishment for my child is knowing she disappointed me, I’m doing a good job.
  10. One day, my child will say to her children the very words I said to her. Will I enjoy hearing them?
  11. What I invest in this child will benefit her children and her children’s children. I am bringing up an army of people.
  12. Watching my child grow, learn, smile and love is a gift for which I am grateful—a gift granted to me anew each day.

Follow us on    page.

No comments:

Post a Comment