Monday, December 24, 2012

Knit By A Ten Year Old!


Ruffled Knit Scarf Using Mesh Yarn......Knit By A Ten Year Old!
Knit By A Ten Year Old! It just so happens that knitting scarves from mesh yarn is all the rage with the girls in my daughter's school, so I gave her a ball of this special yarn for Hanukkah, and yesterday she knit herself a scarf. Well, it wasn't exactly what I'd call knitting, as she used her fingers more than the knitting needles, but she did a great job and is so very proud of her accomplishment. And of course, I'll be happy to buy her another ball of yarn, for the sake of encouraging crafting! (Now if I can just get her to learn how to actually knit, I'll be even happier!)

The mesh yarn isn't really yarn exactly, but rather more like trim, but it comes in a skein, and like many other specialty yarns on the market, allows one to create something with amazing texture and interest! And you only need one ball of yarn to make a scarf, so it's a great idea for gift making this winter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment